Honey Allergy : Detailed Discussion

honey-allergyINTRODUCTION
Although it is not very common,a honey allergy is something that can be experienced by different individuals.This allergy is not actually an allergy to the honey,but it is a root cause of individuals who are allergic to pollen,bee stings and other components that go in to the making of the honey that they consume.Due to the fact that honey is a by-product of bees and pollen,those who suffer from those allergies,might be more susceptible to a honey allergy.It is not usually a severe or life threatening allergy and can generally be treated quite easily. Should you have severe allergies always check with your doctor before consuming anything.
The safety concern about honey could also have arisen because of the presence of spores that are able to cause a rare deadly disease discovered in 1976,called infant botulism.While honey allergies cannot be 100% established and we all know that consumption of honey is generally safe for adults,many people actually believe that eating local honey could counteract and treat allergies to these pollen by helping the body to become tolerant of them. That is,honey acts as an immune booster against the allergies.The good effects of this local honey are best when the honey is taken a little bit(a couple of teaspoons-full)a day for several months prior to the pollen season.It is said that the closer the honey is raised to where you live, the better it is.

EARLY SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS

Itching
Skin is commonly involved in an allergic reaction and the individual can develop general itching all over the body with the formation of reddish,swollen patches that subside after a few hours,leaving no scarring or effects.Hives,which are raised,red bumps on the skin,are also identified as skin symptoms of allergic reactions to honey.

Vomiting and Diarrhoea
An allergic reaction causes the immune system to produce chemicals called IgE antibodies by the white blood cells.The antibodies rapidly detect the ingested honey as a harmful substance in the body and cause an immune response.The gastrointestinal allergy symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramps,bloating,nausea,vomiting and diarrhea are also symptoms of honey allergy.

Sneezing
A runny and itchy nose with constant sneezing,wheezing and some difficulty in breathing are symptoms of allergies due to pollen from honey.This mild allergic reaction to honey and other allergens is caused by a substance called histamine that is released by white blood cells and leads to dilated and leaking blood vessels in the nose and lungs.These allergy symptoms may progress to more severe forms of allergic reactions,including anaphylaxis in some people,and produce life-threatening symptoms such as chest pain,chest tightening and more difficulty in breathing because of the constriction of the airways,requiring immediate emergency treatment.
Infants develop a condition called botulism which occurs due to the presence of a bacterium Clostridium Botulinum.When a child is infected,it develops a number of horrible side effects or symptoms.The main symptoms of honey allergy in little babies are enumerated below:-
•    Severe constipation.
•    Difficulties in breathing.
•    Nervous system damage leading to muscle weakness.
•    General body weakness and exhaustion.
•    Drooling.
•    Change in feeding behaviors,such as poor breastfeeding and feeding.
•    A child is unable to hold its head when the muscle weakness problem extends to the neck.
•    A faint cry.

It is important to notice these signs quickly to avoid a premature death of your baby.You could easily keep your baby from harm by not feeding him or her honey, sweet syrups or foods that contain honey.

FINAL THOUGHTS ON HONEY ALLERGY
Honey contains three potential allergens. An allergy to honey can be the cause of pollen,bee venom or the honey itself.Your doctor can help you determine which is the cause. Symptoms of a honey allergy include swelling,hives,watery eyes,nasal congestion, trouble breathing, vomitting, diarrhea, stomach pain, confusion,dizziness,throat closing and anaphylaxis. If you suspect a honey allergy,seek medical help right away.

Honey has the potential to carry the bacteria clostridium.This bacteria can cause infant botulism.Though this bacteria cannot thrive in an adult’s digestive system,the spores can thrive inside of an infant.Multiplying bacteria results in botulism and may cause trouble breathing or even death.To reduce the risk of exposing an infant to botulism,do not introduce your child to honey until after he turns 1.After that,the digestive system has developed enough to fight off this bacteria.If your child has eaten honey and begins to exhibit signs including constipation,muscle weakness, a muddled cry or trouble suckling,seek medical help right away.These are the signs of a bad reaction to honey in infants.

Suhagra 100mg Online