5 WEIRD BEAUTY TREATMENTS
Beauty treatments are procedures that involve using certain products which help in enhancing one’s beauty.But of late,owing to the popularity that certain celebrities enjoy,some weird beauty procedures have come to the fore.They do not involve the age old tricks and instead use certain methods which may seem disgusting to the layman.These procedures are usually followed to mainly reverse ageing by smoothening the skin wrinkles and re-texturising the skin as well as improving hair quality.
- Aberdeen Organic Bull Semen Treatment:-There is a salon in London,which offers clients a conditioning treatment made out of bull’s semen.It has become the most talked about treatment in London.Touted as “Viagra for Hair,”this 45-minute uses semen from Aberdeen Angus bulls.The treatment combines the sperm with the root of the protein-rich plant Katera.
The protein-enriched potion is massaged into the client’s hair after it has been shampooed.Then the client is put under heat so the treatment penetrates the hair.The final step is the blow out,which gives the hair an awful lot of body, as well as shine.The semen is refrigerated before use and doesn’t smell.It leaves your hair looking soft and thick. The protein in the semen is thought to actively complement the protein contained in hair molecules.Because semen has to be refrigerated in straws until use,it could be a while before it becomes a staple in hair-care products.And with its high cost,the ingredient would be aimed at the premium hair care market.
- Bird Poop Facial:-It’s called “uguisu no fun” and its literal translation is “feces of the warbler” which is nightingale poop.For over 1,000 years Japanese geishas have been using this interesting ingredient to lighten,brighten and cleanse their amazing skin.Bird Poop Facial,uses traditional and natural Japanese ingredients to soften,brighten and nourish the facial complexion.The most crucial ingredient in these unique facials is uguisu no fun(powdered nightingale droppings),once a secret known only to the Geisha themselves.Refined in movement and appearance,Geisha were known for their iconic porcelain complexion-clear and unblemished.However, their beautiful appearance came at a price as the lead and zinc in their face powder caused chronic skin care problems until the discovery of a unique remedy.Geishas found that regular nightingale droppings facials could be used not only to remove makeup but to brighten,heal and re-texturize the skin due to their natural enzymes and guanine,which imparts a pearly luster to the skin.
- Placenta Face Cream:-Placenta cream may seem unusual at first,but it may be one of the best moisturizing creams out there today.Placenta cream is one of the “secrets” that most celebrities use to keep their skin looking soft,radiant and young.Placenta cream works because it supports the development and overall growth of healthy skin cells. Placenta cream makes use of isolated stem cells that came from sheep placenta.They use sheep placenta because of the powerful immune systems of the animal.These have shown positive results for placenta cells stating their ability to repair and heal the body.The ability of placenta cells to heal and repair the body is maximized as a topical cream for the skin to encourage skin cell renewal and development.The placenta cream makes for a great moisturizer because of the fact that it helps your skin retain the moisture for much longer and protect you from the harsh environment.Most placenta creams will also have other skin boosting ingredients such as Vitamin E which helps the skin retain moisture for longer periods of time.This means you don’t need to re-apply the product so often.It also does not have any oils which can leave a greasy feeling when applied.As a matter of fact you only need to use it around twice a day and can be easily integrated into your daily beauty regiment.
- Leech Therapy:-Since the time of ancient Egypt,leeches have been used in medicine to treat nervous system abnormalities,dental problems,skin diseases and infections.Today,they’re mostly used in plastic surgery and other microsurgery.This is because leeches secrete peptides and proteins that work to prevent blood clots.These secretions are also known as anticoagulants.This keeps blood flowing to wounds to help them heal.
Medicinal leeches have three jaws with tiny rows of teeth.They pierce a person’s skin with their teeth and insert anticoagulants through their saliva.The leeches are then allowed to extract blood,for 20 to 45 minutes at a time,from the person undergoing treatment.Leeches have become popular for preserving soft tissue and promoting healing after facial reconstructive surgery.In both old and new case studies, leech therapy has been shown to increase the chance of positive outcomes in reconstructions affecting the nose,forehead,breast,cheek,digits(fingers and toes)Leech therapy’s effect on blood clotting during and after these surgeries helps the body to heal more naturally and completely.Leech therapy’s benefits for blood circulation has also led some people use leech therapy to treat baldness and hair loss on the scalp.
- Fish pedicures:-The use of tiny Garra Rufa fish has gained popularity in spas across the UK and the US.Clients can dunk their feet into tanks filled with the toothless carp,who have the thankless task of nibbling away dead skin.However, the technique is currently under investigation with fears it could lead to infection and disease.When pedicure tubs are full of fish,they can’t be sufficiently disinfected between customers,and there’s no way to sanitize the animals themselves.Sufferers of contagious conditions such as nail fungus and athlete’s foot often seek out fish pedicures.