How Benoquin Cream is Used for Skin Conditions like Vitiligo?
Benoquin cream is used to treat a skin condition Vitiligo characterized by white patches on the parts of the body, which usually happen when melanocytes – the cells which produce skin color are destroyed. This cream should be used exactly as prescribed by the doctor for effective results.
Working of Benoquin Cream –
Benoquin contains active component monobenzone that works to make the skin look even by removing remaining melanocytes by inhibiting the tyrosine enzyme that promotes production of melanin the pigment that gives colour to skin, and helps the normal skin lighten to merge with the colour of the patches, thus giving even skin tone. This skin creams should be used exactly as prescribed by the doctor for effective results.
Side effects of using Benoquin Cream – Peeling of skin, Redness at the site of application, Itching at the affected site, Mild irritation, Mild burning, Sensitivity to sunlight, Dizziness, Rash, Trouble breathing etc.
How to apply Benoquin Cream?
- Use this medicine exactly as instructed by your by your doctor.
- You should apply a thin layer of Benoquin Cream on the normal skin that should be lightened to match the vitiligo affected skin portions and rub it gently over the pigmented area. This cream should be used two to three times a day for at least 4 months.
- After applying this cream, avoid applying other sunscreen and do not go out in the sun.
- Once you feel that your skin has gained even tone, you can continue using Benoquin cream to maintain your skin tone.
- To get desired results it is very important that you follow the dose of this drug as recommended by your doctor.
Precautions to be Followed:
While you use Benoquin Cream you need to follow Certain Precautions that Include:
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to ingredients used in this cream.
- This cream is not to be used by pregnant women and those breasts feeding their child without consulting the doctor.
- If you are suffering from any serious health conditions inform your doctor about the same.
- Inform your doctor about all the other medications you are using.
- This cream should not be used for any other skin issues, except vitiligo.
- If this cream accidentally enters your mouth, call your doctor immediately.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Click here to know more about How Benoquin Cream is used to treat a Skin Conditions Vitiligo