What Causes Delayed Ejaculation?
Ejaculation is a natural process, a term used for semen discharge from the male organ, and when we say delayed ejaculation (ED) it refers to a condition which occurs when a man needs strong sexual stimulation for a long period to ejaculate. ED is the most common concern for many men and it can happen from time to time, but sometimes it can turn into a permanent problem leading to dissatisfaction and frustration. Although this condition is not life threatening or causes some serious problems but it can lead to a poor sex life and may cause problems in personal relationships.
Causes of Delayed Ejaculation
There are numerous factors that can lead to delayed ejaculation -a condition in which a man needs strong stimulation to achieve erection and then release the sperms for sexual satisfaction, delayed ejaculation can be due to physical, psychological problems and certain medications.
Physical problems that can cause delayed ejaculation are as follows:
- Blockage of tubes carrying sperms
- Defect in male reproductive system
- Certain diseases
- Thyroid problems
- Low testosterone levels
- Prostrate problems
- Poor body image
- Injury to pelvic nerves
Psychological causes of delayed ejaculation are as follows:
- Cultural or religious pressure
- Poor relationship with partner
Medication that can cause delayed ejaculation:
- Drugs prescribed for cancer treatment
- Medications of anti fungal
- Medications prescribed for high blood pressure
- Certain antidepressants
- Certain anti-psychotic medications
- Certain diuretics
- Some anti- seizure medications
Apart from these causes a man can experience delayed ejaculation due to excessive alcohol drinking and growing age.
Effects of Delayed Ejaculation
When a man experiences delayed ejaculation form time to time it can lead to problems like –
- Lack of satisfaction for both the man and his partner
- Problems in relationship arises
- Failure to impregnate his partner
- Mental stress about poor sexual life
- Dejected with life
When to approach your doctor?
- When you experience delayed ejaculation every time you want to be sexually active then it’s time to visit your doctor.
- When you feel certain medications or your health condition is causing delayed ejaculation.
- If you are under mental stress or suffering from depression or anxiety tell your doctor, these problems may be causing delayed ejaculation which your doctor will help you to overcome it.
Visit here: For treatments to cure Delayed Ejaculation